Savada graduated from a prestigious university in the United States of America for her Master of Law Degree in Trial Advocacy with a concentration on international commercial litigation and arbitration.
During her Bachelor of Law Degree studies, Savada participated in various moot courts and client counselling competition, including the Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court competition held in Washington DC. Savada also pursued postgraduate studies at Bard College, New York.
Upon completion of her studies at Bard, Savada interned with a leading mediation firm in Boston. Returning to Cambodia, Savada worked for a local business/legal consulting firm for almost two years before joining R&T Sok & Heng Law Office in July 2013. Savada is a Cambodian citizen and is fluent in Khmer, Thai and English.
Savada is licensed to practice law in Cambodia by the Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia. She is also a CEDR Accredited Mediator and a licensed practitioner recognised by Securities and Exchange Commission of Cambodia as an approved person to provide legal services related to securities in Cambodia. Savada is also an arbitrator and mediator registered with the National Commercial Arbitration of Cambodia.
Savada is ranked as a Notable Practitioner in Corporate and M&A, Dispute Resolution by AsiaLaw in 2023.
- Acting for and assisting a Singaporean construction project management firm in relation to a construction dispute in an arbitration proceeding at the National Commercial Arbitration Centre (NCAC) under NCAC Rules.
- Assisting and representing a Singapore capital venture firm in a debt claim case against a Cambodian debtor and several guarantors in an arbitration proceeding under Singapore International Arbitration Centre’s Rules in relation to a debt claim with the value of approximately US$17 million.
- Acting for and assisting a Cambodian real estate developer in its dispute with a Malaysian business partner in Cambodian courts and Singapore International Arbitration Centre for the dispute value over US$100 million.
- Acting for and advising a local real estate developer in its dispute with one of its largest tenants in relation to wrongful termination of contract for the dispute value of approximately US$150 million.
- Acting for and assisting one of the biggest Singaporean real estate developers in its dispute with a main contractor in Cambodia in relation to hundred million dollars a five-star luxury hotel, condo and apartment project in Cambodia.
- Assisted and advised one of the largest Korean financing institutions to execute their arbitration award against their debtors in Cambodia, for the value of over US$50 million.
- Assisting and advising DEG - Deutsche Investitions – und EntwicklungsgesellschaftMbh, an investment and development corporation based in Germany in relation to collection of debts against a Cambodian borrower for the value of dispute approximately US$20 million.
- Assisted and advised a Singaporean real estate developer in their contentious matters with local partners with regard to multi-million dollars building development joint venture in Phnom Penh.
- Assisted and advised DONACO INTERNATIONAL, an Australian listed casino operator, with regard to various disputes with its local partners.
- Assisted and advised on an execution of a will left behind by a testator in a multi-million US dollar estate dispute.
- Assisted and advised a Cambodian entity in relation to its exclusive distributorship rights over three cigarettes brands against JTI Group’s affiliate.
- Acting for and assisting one of the biggest beverages production companies worldwide in relation to labour dispute at Cambodian court.
- Acted for and assisted a Malaysian listed casino operator in its dispute with its business partners in Cambodia.
- Assisting and advising various companies and individuals on real estate disputes, commercial disputes, criminal actions cross-border transaction disputes.
- Assisting and advising on foreign commercial arbitration that involved Cambodian party and/or Cambodian laws.
- Assisting, advising and defending local and foreign clients on criminal charges and criminal complaints.
Joint Venture / Foreign Investments
- Acted for Emerging Markets Investment Advisers Pte Ltd, a private equity and venture capital firm, in relation to its equity investment in Khema Global Co Ltd, holding the operation of Khema medical clinics.
- Assisting and advising clients in the potential acquisitions of equities in a world well-known solar power company based in Singapore.
- Assisted and advised a well-known educational sector investment company in its potential acquisition of a well-known international private school in Cambodia for the value of approximately US$35 million.
- Assisting and advising Hong Kong based investor for their acquisition of real estate projects in Cambodia for the value of US$90 million.
- Assisted and advised Soma Group, one of the largest Cambodian conglomerates, in its joint venture with a member of CP Group in relation to a large-scale agricultural business in Cambodia for the value of approximately US$50 million.
- Assisting and advising a multi-million-dollar Thai Group company to invest in large scale agricultural activities in Cambodia, with the project value of approximately US$50 million.
- Assisting and advising foreign direct investment in a hospital project in Cambodia for the value of approximately US$20 million.
- Assisting and advising a Singapore based mPOS suppliers in Cambodia for their investments and operation in Cambodia.
- Acted for and advised various international real estate developers with regard to their multi-million dollars real estate development projects in Cambodia.
Banking & Finance
- Assisting and advising Hong Leong Bank (Cambodia) Plc, a Malaysian-owned commercial bank, BRED BANK (Cambodia) Plc., a French owned commercial bank, and Cambodian Commercial Bank Limited, a Thai owned commercial bank, in providing legal advice and preparing the facilities and security documents of various facilities.
- Assisting and advising AMK Microfinance Institution Plc for their legal needs in Cambodia.
- Jointly assisting and advising Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group SpA, the first private group in the global coffee market, in its acquisition of Boncafé Group in its US$85 million deal.
- Assisting and advising one of the largest European and German-based financial institution on the due diligence exercise of a leading microfinance institution for its multi-million dollars financing; and on the due diligence of a leading commercial bank in Cambodia for its multi-million dollars financing and equity acquisition.
- Assisting companies in their due diligence exercises on target companies in Cambodia.
Corporate & Commercial
- Assisted and advised Thai Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on its general corporate and legal matters including policy review from Cambodian law perspective.
- Assisted and advised Kasikorn Bank, a Thai leading commercial bank, on its general corporate and legal matters as well as its Cambodia’s subsidiary’s financing transactions in Cambodia.
- Assisted and advised S&P International Foods (Cambodia) Co Ltd on its corporate and general matters including potential disputes.
- Assisted and advised Perfect Companion Group Co Ltd, a pet food manufacturing business line of Charoen Pokphand Group, on its incorporation of Cambodian subsidiary and general corporate and legal matters.
- Assisted and advised SCG Trading Co Ltd, on its general corporate and legal matters including potential dispute in Cambodia.
- Assisted and advised Standard Performance Company Limited, a well-known construction company in Thailand, on incorporation of its subsidiary in Cambodia, application for construction license, and general corporate and legal advice.
- Assisted and advised Chareon Pokphand Engineering Co Ltd, an engineering and construction business line of Charoen Pokphand Group, on its business incorporation in Cambodia and application for construction license.
- Acted for Khema Global Co Ltd, holding the operation of Khema clinics, leading private medical clinics in Cambodia, in relation to the registration of its branch and other regulatory filing related matters.
- Assisted and advised Novus Technologies, Singapore based company leading in digital banking and payments solution, in the business setup in Cambodia, increase of capital, board restructuring, relevant regulatory filings and other general advice.
- Acting for Sunrise Healthcare Services Co Ltd, a Japan based leading hospital operator, in relation general advice for its hospital project operation in Cambodia.
- Acting for Macau Legend Development, a Hong Kong listed integrated resort operator, in relation to the landholding structure, business setup, shareholding restructure, board restructuring, and other general corporate advice and corporate secretarial work.
- Advising Grab on regulatory requirement in relation to its newly launched products in Cambodia.
Securities Market / IPO
- Advised and assisted various private companies in relation to their IPO exercises for the purpose of listing on the Cambodia Securities Exchanges.
- Assisted the conduct of legal due diligences on Cambodia subsidiaries of various international companies listed in foreign stock exchanges.
Memberships / Directorships
Member of the Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia
NCAC Registered Arbitrator
- NCAC Registered Mediator
CEDR Accredited Mediator
Approved person to provide services related to securities in Cambodia issued by Securities and Exchange Commission of Cambodia
- Business and Human Rights in Cambodia, a compendium of instruments and materials, Part I, II and III, 2021, Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian law.